COMING TO THE CONGRESS VENUE
Participants arriving at Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW) can get to the city center by bus, train or taxi.
Bus: Line 175 https://www.wtp.waw.pl/en/timetables/?wtp_dt=2022-08-16&wtp_md=3&wtp_ln=175 Bus stop Uniwersytet is just in front of the University’s main gates and a 5 minute walk from Bristol Hotel. See on:
- Jak Dojadę – https://jakdojade.pl/warszawa/rozklad-jazdy/przystanek//704402
- Google Maps – https://email@example.com,21.0163924,18.17z
To reach Hera University Guest House from the airport you may get off Bus 175 at Foksal 02, walk across the street to the Foksal 01 bus stop and get on either Bus 116 or Bus 180 and then get off at the Spacerowa bus stop – c. 50 m. from the hotel.
- 116 – https://www.wtp.waw.pl/en/timetables/?wtp_dt=2022-08-16&wtp_md=3&wtp_ln=116&wtp_st=3044&wtp_pt=07&wtp_dr=B&wtp_vr=0&wtp_dy=1
- 180 – https://www.wtp.waw.pl/en/timetables/?wtp_dt=2022-08-16&wtp_md=3&wtp_ln=180&wtp_st=3044&wtp_pt=04&wtp_dr=B&wtp_vr=0&wtp_dy=1
Participants staying in Hera University Guesthouse may reach the main campus of the University by numerous buses from the Spacerowa 02 bus stop:
- 116 – https://www.wtp.waw.pl/en/timetables/?wtp_dt=2022-08-16&wtp_md=3&wtp_ln=116
- 180 – https://www.wtp.waw.pl/en/timetables/?wtp_dt=2022-08-16&wtp_md=3&wtp_ln=180
- 503 – https://www.wtp.waw.pl/en/timetables/?wtp_dt=2022-08-16&wtp_md=3&wtp_ln=503&wtp_st=7052&wtp_pt=01&wtp_dr=B&wtp_vr=0&wtp_dy=1 (a ‘demand stop,’ which requires you to signal your intention to board the bus at the curbside as the bus approaches).
The same buses go back from the University to the hotel. The journey takes c. 20 minutes.
Train: Take line S2 to Warszawa Śródmieście (c. 15 min. walking distance from the University); https://www.skm.warszawa.pl/en/en-szybka-kolej-miejska-w-warszawie-trasa-s2-schemat/
More information on transport from the airport: https://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/access.html
It is fairly easy to use public transport in Warsaw, just remember that you have to immediately validate your tickets after getting on the bus/tram/rail; if you travel by the underground, validate the ticket at the entrance gate. You may buy tickets at a ticket machine. You can also buy tickets from the machine once you have boarded the bus or tram; the ticket machine will be located towards the front of the bus or tram (in older style trams where passage between cars is not possible, it is important to note that the ticket machine is almost always in the first car). If you buy a ticket on the actual bus or tram (i.e., not from a kiosk or machine beforehand) it is automatically validated and does not need to be further validated at the machine. It is also important to note that if you buy such tickets (i.e., from the machine on the bus or tram) and wish to switch to the underground, you must use the entrance gate with a QR code scanner to scan your valid ticket to allow you entry through the gate as a transfer (there is commonly only one such gate at each entrance and it is often the accessibility gate with plexiglass blocking doors, which in some stations may be located off to the side or perpendicular to the majority of entrance gates). There are the following types of tickets: a time-limit/short-term ticket (for 20 minutes: 3.4 pln; for 75 minutes: 4.4 pln; for 90 minutes: 7 pln), which entitles the ticket-holder to unlimited journeys with as many changes of lines as necessary, within the time limit; a single fare ticket (4.4 pln), which entitles the holder to one journey (without changes). Students of foreign universities and secondary schools younger than 26 are entitled to the 50% fare reduction with a valid ISIC card (International Student Identity Card).
More about transport in Warsaw: https://www.wtp.waw.pl/en/
Jakdojade application may be helpful – it functions both as a website and an application for mobile devices (iOS / Android).
- Website: https://jakdojade.pl/warszawa/trasa/
FOOD DURING THE DAY
There are plenty of restaurants and cafés in the vicinity of the University:
Three of them will offer a discount to the participants who present their Congress badges:
- Restauracja Ceprownia; https://g.page/Ceprownia?share
- Traditional Polish food.
- Discount: lunch at the student price (10% off)
- Pierogarnia Syrena Irena; https://goo.gl/maps/ZkCed7PFoPnq5s9V9
- Traditional Polish dumplings.
- Listed lunch menu for 21 PLN:
- Soup: botwin cold soup, red barsch, broth (to choose)
- Main dish: dumplings with white cheese and potatoes, dumplings with cabbage, dumplings with meat (to choose)
- Dessert: season cake
- Espresso – additionally 4.5 PLN
- Botegga Napoli; https://goo.gl/maps/G9gBPJnG4rCeRxQs5
- Italian restaurant with a wide selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free meals.
- Discount: 15% off for the whole menu
Lunch breaks are from 1.30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Warsaw, the largest city and capital of Poland, has a lot of attractions to offer. Each participant of the conference will be equipped with an official “Discover Warsaw” guide published by the Warsaw Tourism Office. The electronic edition is available at this address:
Here are some useful links:
Official Tourist Website of Warsaw – https://warsawtour.pl/en/main-page/
7 reasons to visit Warsaw in 2022 – https://warsawtour.pl/en/7-reasons-to-visit-warsaw-in-2022/
Explore Warsaw – https://warsawtour.pl/en/sightseeing-routes/
Museums – https://warsawtour.pl/en/museums/
Other attractions – https://warsawtour.pl/en/other-attractions/